MESSAGE OF HOS
School of Interior Design has been established to fulfill the contemporary necessities in building sector, while providing appropriate skills in a developed, formalized, aesthetic based craft oriented version with practical applications by incorporating space planning and problem solving methodologies, supplemented with general education coursework.
Half of the credit hours of course contents spent in the design studio as the prime learning location. It covers courses such as Model Making, Sketch skills, History, Furniture Design, Photography, Landscape, Technical Drawings, Sustainability, Material & Structure Technologies, as well as other services which will provide sound support to the design studios. The courses of Project Management, Professional Practice and Entrepreneurship are also the part of the degree program that help to enhance the professional competency.
After completion of the program, graduates can join interior & architectural firms, facilitators in management teams, artists, color consultants, furniture designers, exhibit designers, lighting consultants, hotels, & retail interior designers, photo stylist, display designers, interior decorators, home restoration supervisors, and entrepreneurs.
Join us as we build an excelling tomorrow.
School of Interior Design
As one of the first institutes to develop interior design school in the local context our vision is to produce professional interior designers with Problem solving, Artistic, Analytical, Entrepreneurial, Business oriented skills.
The mission of the School of Interior Design is to be one of the leaders in the community of Interior Designers and artists who appreciate diversity and creative excellence for service at local and national level, making lasting contributions to a global society through critical thinking, creativity and innovation.
The program should be developed to achieve the following objectives:
- Fulfill a need for high quality manpower in designing, planning and managing the built environment in Pakistan.
- Fulfill a need for the training of professionals who are ethically sensitive to the norms, needs and values of the society and the profession.
- Provide an opportunity for students towards specialized and particular education suited to their interest and needs.
- To generate a pool of highly trained and skilled practitioners, researchers, educators and also provide resource to building interiors.
- To create designers which show curiosity, flexibility, empathy, imagination, expansive thinking and critical analysis not only in design but also in their various ways of life.
The University of Faisalabad offers a 4 year Bachelor Degree in Interior Design with an extensive program of collaborative fields focusing on people-centric design, to define and shape spaces & places. Our studio practice curriculum focuses on how to adapt the design of interior spaces to people’s needs and contexts while exploring issues and constraints that affect sustainable design. We encourage our students to observe global trends in design and contemporary lifestyles while providing thoughtful, human-centric and holistic solutions to complex design problems. Developing a concept oriented approach our students to explore gesture, improvisation, and relational compositions, as well as historical and cultural allusions, context and hence develop individual sensibilities & establish an effective process of inquiry, reflection & invention.
After successful completion of 134 credits of BSID program and time spent in internship, the students will be able to secure jobs in the private or public sectors. The School will help the students in placements after completion of the BSID program by considering these areas to work with:
- Architectural Firms
- As Facilitators in Management Teams
- Color Consultants
- Furniture Designers
- Exhibit Designers
- Hotel’s Interior designers
- Retail Interior designers
- Photo Stylist
- Display Designers
- Home Restoration Supervisors
- Entrepreneurs (Self Employed)