MESSAGE OF HOS
Physical therapy is an essential segment of modern healthcare system. It is “a science of healing and art of caring”. Physical therapy and rehabilitation sciences is an integrated branch of medicine and allied health sciences which is applied by “Physical Therapist” for the healing and restoration of functions of human body, after diseases which cause functional disabilities, injuries, pain and functional disorders.
The physical therapist is a medical person who has professional autonomy to diagnose diseases in particular fields of practices, formulate suitable treatment and exercises plans for pain prevention and/or management in case of function disorders after injury, illness, disability after birth and locomotor system disorders by special measurement, evaluation and inspection.
Our educational programme is according to Higher Education Commission includes basic sciences, clinical sciences, research methodology, workshops, seminars and clinical studies which are intended to plan and apply the treatment protocols that we mentioned above in a real patient set up.
We do offer summer internships and clinical applications in the very important fields of physiotherapy and rehabilitation as neurological rehabilitation, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, pediatric rehabilitation, orthopedic rehabilitation, post operation rehabilitation in different organizations and institutions.
Our vision is to excel students who would be transforming agents in health care profession to achieve the Triple Aim of better care, innovation and research and lowered cost of health care through continuous quality improvement.
The mission of the school of rehabilitation sciences is to prepare future doctors for advance rehabilitation practices while supporting the goals and developmental missions of the university. we do this through education and mentorship, basic and clinical research and services to the profession and communities. we believe that every individual have rights to access and get quality based health care.
- To equip students with basic medical knowledge.
- To Provision of sound foundation in patient assessment, counseling and rehab on short term and long term basis.
- To produce qualified physical therapists for hospitals, academic settings, sports settings, fitness centers and research organizations.
- To provide appropriate cost effective treatment plans for patients and clients.
- To develop and maintain collaboration with national and international bodies concerned with physical therapy services.
- To provide leadership, management, successful oral and written communication skills and apply high standards of professional integrity and ethical values.
School of Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Faisalabad is one of the pioneer institutions to start 5 years degree program as “Doctor of Physical Therapy” in 2009 to provide comprehensive training in the core areas of Musculoskeletal, Neurology, Cardiopulmonary, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Integumentary, Pediatrics Physical Therapy, followed by the commencement of Masters in Sciences (MS) Musculoskeletal, Cardiopulmonary & Neurology as well as Master in Philosophy (MPhil) in Physical Therapy. These programs are offered in state of the art, conducive learning environment with modern learning resources especially real patient clinical settings for community rehabilitation.
by the end of this five year program, graduates will be able to perform their role as:
- Cosmetic scientist: Consultants and team leader in pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry regarding production, quality assurance, marketing and research of skin care products.
- Cosmetologist: GUIDE clients regarding skin care and perform noninvasive cosmetics procedures independently.
- Physician associate: Work with Dermatologist as part of a skin care tea, in patient management and invasive procedures
- Academician: pursuit an academic career in allied health sciences undergraduate program.