The post graduate M. Phil Pharmaceutics is being offered with the main aim of working in line with the mission of the Higher Education Commission. The Faculty of Pharmacy, The University of Faisalabad, is fully capable of meeting the three key challenges (a) Quality, (b) Access & (c) Relevance to ensure innovative teaching, service and quality research.
• M.Phil program equips students with knowledge and skills to serve in the diverse health care systems. The scope of the M.Phil Pharmaceutics degree holders ranges from patient care services to research and development and the regulatory affairs, as outlined below.
• Academia and Research – M.Phil Pharmaceutics degree is prerequisite by HEC for the appointment as Lecturer in any University and degree awarding institutions in Pakistan. Furthermore, M.Phil Pharmaceutics scholars may be promoted to Assistant Professor with required level of experience.
• R & D departments of the multinational Pharmaceutical Organizations - The scholar have enhanced understanding of research design, available facilities and market needs that are key to any organization involved in research and development.
• Drug Testing Laboratories (DTL) – Scholars have deep understanding and hands on training if advanced analytical techniques employed in Drug Testing Laboratories.
• Punjab Forensic Science Agency (PSFA) – M.Phil Pharmaceutics offer opportunity to enhance scholar’s knowledge of different procedures and methods that are important with respect to Forensic Science Agency.
• PAFDA (Punjab Agriculture Food & Drug Authority) – With advanced knowledge and skills in the field, the scholars will be able to serve at the advanced tiers at the PFDA, ranging from agriculture, food and drug related issues.
• Primary & Secondary Healthcare Department – M.Phil Pharmaceutics scholars are destined to serve and lead the in primary and secondary healthcare facilities according to the continued “commitment to excellence” of provincial government.
• Tertiary care Hospitals – Tertiary care hospitals of Pakistan are still progressing and M.Phil Scholars are of prime need to identify needs and predicts solutions of the problem at this level.
4 Semesters, 2 years
• The candidate must have a basic degree in Pharmacy (B. Pharm/Pharm-D) from a Pharmacy institute recognized by Pharmacy Council of Pakistan. • The candidate must also have M. Phil/equivalent degree in relevant subject with minimum CGPA 2.0/4.0 (in the semester system) or first division (in the annual system). • The candidate must have to score at least 50% marks in the entry test taken by the University • The admission policy of the University is in accordance with current HEC admission criteria, and any amendment in admission criteria by HEC would be applied from time to time.
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|PC-801||Advanced Pharmaceutics-Formulation Development||4(3-1)|
|PHBP-802||Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics||4(3-1)|
|PHDD-811||Advanced Pharmaceutics-Advanced Drug Delivery Systems||4(3-1)|
|PHCP-812||Advanced Clinical Pharmacy||4(3-1)|
|PHMB-813||Advanced Pharmaceutical Microbiology and Biotechnology||4(3-1)|